Carpool Cinema: Get Out (Sat show)
Time & Location
About the Event
UHeights is thrilled to partner with Project Pilgrimage, Phinney Neighborhood Association, and Scarecrow Video to bring you three weekends of Carpool Cinema, featuring stories about and starring African Americans. Get in your car, and join us!
We are grateful to Swedish Hospital for sponsoring this event, and to Companis and The Grand Illusion for their additional support.
For the final weekend in the series, we will be showing the film "Get Out", a 2017 American horror film written and directed by Jordan Peele in his directorial debut. Get Out follows the story of a young African-American man who uncovers a disturbing secret when he meets the family of his white girlfriend, Rose Armitage (Williams).
All films will be screened in the lower parking lot of Phinney Center. Entry is off N 67th St. between Phinney Ave N and Dayton Ave. N. The lot will open at 7:30 PM and movie will begin at 8 PM.
Gathering with others at a ‘car-pool cinema’ is a great way to safely get together during Covid-19. To keep everyone healthy, here are some rules the state has asked us to enforce:
- Customers must remain inside their vehicles at all times except to visit the porta-potty located in the parking lot. Should a line develop, please maintain social distancing by staying 6 feet apart.
- Customers should wear a face covering when entering the parking lot or when leaving cars for any reason
- We will direct you to a parking spot that ensures the state mandated distance between cars can be maintained.
- All of our staff will be masked and gloved and will observe social distancing.
- Food and beverages will not be available at the venue. We recommend you patronize one of the many neighborhood restaurants or bring a cooler.
- After the film, please wait for our staff to direct you out of the parking lot.
In case of inclement weather where it is no longer possible to show the film (heavy rain, dangerous winds, etc.), we will need to cancel. All patrons will be automatically refunded.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ticketing: Our Pay-What-You-Can model allows our events to be more accessible to the community! For this event, tickets start at $20 per car. If you'd like to attend, and cost is an obstacle, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We have 5 free tickets available that we can offer.
- Sold Out1 Ticket For My Car$20$200$0
- 1 For Me & 1 For The Community$40$400$0