To ensure a friendly, inviting, clean, and safe streets and public areas, the U District Livability Partnership will initiate and manage an active program that focuses on crime
and disorder hotspots, public rights-of-way, young adult support, community
services, and partnerships with law enforcement and educational organizations.
Lead: Clean + Safe Committee.
The pillars of the U District’s Clean + Safe strategy are:
1. Identify and mitigate crime and disorder Hotspots.
2. Focus on public right-of-way design, maintenance and use. Design and
maintain streetscapes and building frontages to support a safe environment.
3. Create a safe environment for young adults. Expand options for area
homeless youth through a jobs program and service opportunities.
4. Strengthen law enforcement and educational partnerships between the City,
University, and other agencies.
5. Convene a community services network to coordinate social services,
congregations, and community organizations to nurture everyone.